When the Future of Tennis Summit kicks off in Indian Wells, Calif., on Tuesday, March 11, it will do so with an agenda filled with executives from across a wide variety of tennis industry segments. The two-day Summit, which will be held at the Renaissance Esmeralda Indian Wells Resort and Spa, has a goal of helping generate ideas and discussions that can put the industry on a pathway to creating more players, more fans, and more consumers of the game.
In addition to executives from within the trade, other speakers and panelists for the Summit will include experts from fields such as youth marketing, youth sports, technology, global strategy and consulting, mainstream sports media, and more. Jim Courier, former ATP Tour World No. 1, will also be on hand as a featured guest speaker.
"We're looking forward to bringing together leaders within and outside of the industry to help us 'chart our course' for improving the tennis economy and the game overall," says TIA Executive Director Jolyn de Boer. "This Summit is a first step in what has been and will continue to be a collaborative effort to grow our sport and help make tennis industry businesses more profitable well into the future."
Confirmed panelists and speakers for the 2014 Future of Tennis Summit to date include:
- Stacey Allaster, Chairman and CEO, WTA
- Jason Bernstein, Senior Director-Programming & Acquisitions, ESPN
- Kristin Carroll, VP-Marketing, Active Network
- George Ciz, VP of Marketing, ATP World Tour
- Gary Colen, CEO, AMP Agency
- Jim Courier, former World No. 1, current TV analyst, Davis Cup Captain
- Jolyn de Boer, Executive Director, TIA
- David Egdes, Senior VP - Tennis Industry Relations, Tennis Channel
- John Embree, CEO, USPTA
- Gavin Forbes, Tournament Board Representative, ATP Tour Americas
- Justin Gimelstob, Commentator, Former ATP Tour Player
- Dave Haggerty, President and Chairman of the Board, USTA
- Kurt Kamperman, CEO, Community Tennis, USTA
- Ilana Kloss, CEO and Commissioner, WTT
- Dr. Mark Kovacs, Executive Director, ITPA
- John Learing, Vice President–Broadcast, WTA
- Greg Mason, President, TIA
- Dave Miley, Executive Director - Tennis Development, ITF
- Dr. Bob Pangrazi, Educational Consultant and Professor Emeritus, Arizona State
- Mona Pearl, Global Business Development Expert
- Dan Santorum, CEO, PTR
- Keith Storey, VP, Sports Marketing Surveys USA
- Jeff Waters, Managing Director of Adult Tennis, USTA
- Jeff Williams, Group Publisher, Tennis Magazine/Tennis.com
To learn more about the 2014 Future of Tennis Summit and to view the full agenda, visit FutureofTennis.com. Due to the high response for attendance for the Summit, only confirmed registered guests will be admitted to the event.