Do you have a great idea to increase tennis growth? Join the 2019 TIA DISCOVERY CHALLENGE. TIA has teamed up with IdeaConnection, one of the world’s leading Open Innovation service companies, helping run crowdsourcing challenges for some of the largest companies in the world including Procter & Gamble, Nike, Kraft Foods, Wrigley Company, Bayer and more. Our goal is to stimulate creative thinking and innovation within the tennis industry and discover new directions and opportunities for growth.
The TIA DISCOVERY CHALLENGE consists of an Idea Rally®, which is an online gathering of the best and brightest minds, coming together to make a collaborative effort to explore and discuss important topics. Awards are given to participates not only for ideas, but also for contributing to the discussion.
We are challenging you to collaborate with other participants to come up with novel, disruptive, even crazy ideas on how to increase tennis growth. You can participate as much or as little as you would like! Sign up now here to participate. The TIA DISCOVERY CHALLENGE runs through midnight on Thursday, August 1, when the top three to five ideas will be the focus of the panel discussion at the TIA TENNIS FORUM on Monday, August 26 in New York City. One $1,000 grand prize for the winner and ten $100 participation prizes during the Rally will be selected.
Five categories are outlined with the goal to increase the level of creative thinking and innovation among all levels of the tennis experience to help solve the most pressing issues affecting the industry today. The TIA also wishes to generate engagement in defining how the game could be improved and played in decades to come, involving the ideas of a variety of segments in the industry.
- On-Court Tennis Activities and Programming: What new ideas for on-court activities, programming and competition formats can Increase Tennis Engagement and Participation?
- Marketing and Promotions: What creative approaches for marketing and promotional experiences can Increase the Tennis Engagement and Participation of new and existing audiences?
- Technology Solutions: What technology solutions can Increase Tennis Engagement and Participation during play, for spectators and gamers while providing accurate Data Collection of the experience?
- Wellness and Fitness: What new ideas and approaches to position Tennis as a lifetime Wellness and Fitness activity can Increase Tennis Engagement and Participation?
- Other Imaginative Ideas/Outside the Box: What imaginative ideas that do not fit the categories above (1 to 4) can you contribute to Increase Tennis and Participation?
Because this is a true collaboration, participants will be awarded for the best contribution to the discussion, not necessarily for the best idea. So, post your ideas, help others make their ideas better, point out where they can be improved, and help push the discussion forward.
The TIA Discovery Challenge officially runs Monday, July 22 through midnight Thursday, August 1. Register now at TIA DISCOVERY CHALLENGE or contact the TIA at 843-686-3036 for more information.