On August 24, the tennis industry is set to gather for a one-day celebration of the sport at The Tennis Show 2012 in New York City's Grand Hyatt hotel. Nearly 40 tennis industry organizations, manufacturers, and businesses will be on hand to display their latest products and services in the exhibitor area, and they’ve donated more than $20,000 worth of prizes to be given away to those in attendance.
The prizes will be given away during a cocktail and hors d'oeuvres reception. Among the prizes are two tickets to the US Open’s opening session, numerous tennis racquets autographed by champions, tennis equipment and apparel, gift cards, and much more.
The Tennis Show 2012 is scheduled to run from 3 to 9 p.m. on the Ballroom level of the Grand Hyatt. During the Show, the Tennis Industry Association will hold its 5th Annual TIA Tennis Forum (starting at 6 p.m.). TIA President Jon Muir will update attendees on the current state of the industry, as well as areas of focus for future growth. Also, the USTA's Chief Executive of Community Tennis, Kurt Kamperman, will offer insight into the 10 and Under Tennis Initiative and the latest developments to help grow youth participation in the sport.
The TIA Tennis Forum will include the induction of coaching legend Nick Bollettieri into the Tennis Industry Hall of Fame for his significant contributions to the tennis industry throughout his career. ESPN tennis analyst Brad Gilbert will be on hand to introduce his former coach. Bollettieri joins Howard Head, Dennis Van der Meer, Alan Schwartz and Billie Jean King in the Tennis Industry Hall of Fame. Permanent plaques of the industry inductees are on display at the International Hall of Fame in Newport, R.I.
The cocktail and hors d'oeuvre reception will take place from 7 to 9 p.m. in The Tennis Show exhibitor area, and the prize give-aways will begin at 8 p.m. The emcee for the event will be Dave "Koz" Kozlowski, who hosts "Inside Tennis With the Koz" on IndieTennis.com and also contributes articles to TennisChannel.com.
The Tennis Show 2012 is open for anyone in the industry to attend at no charge. The TIA encourages you to stop by the following exhibitor booths during The Tennis Show to learn more about the prizes offered by the exhibitors (prizes offered included in parentheses; list as of Aug. 13):
- Babolat (2012 Pur Drive Racquet 3/8 Grip & a Pure Drive Autograph 12 PK Bag)
- BOLT Sports LLC (Choice of BOLT Tennis Racquet)
- Cardio Tennis (Cardio Tennis Staff Training Session w/ Michele Krause)
- Club Automation (50% off Start Up Fee)
- Connor Sport Court (Sport Court Athletic Bag)
- Curveball, Inc. (SpeedFeed) (SpeedFeed Knapsack Ball Feeder)
- Dartfish USA (Annual Connect 6.0 Software License)
- DecoTurf (25% off on Acrylic Resurfacing Product from DecoTurf)
- Dunlop Sports Group (Dunlop John McEnroe autographed racquet)
- EyePromise (33% off Zeavision Performance Products)
- Fast-Dry Courts/10-S Tennis Supply (Gift Certificate)
- Gamma Racquet Sports (Gamma RZR Oversize Racquet & (6) Racquet Bag)
- HEAD Penn (HEAD Maria Sharapova Autographed Racquet)
- Human Performance Institute (1/2 Day Mental Toughness Certification Program)
- Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA Gift Bag)
- Love Tennis by Hazel (Tennis Ball Pendant Necklace from Love Tennis)
- MindBody, Inc.
- PERFECT PICK UP/TENN TUBE (Tenn Tube - Tennis Ball retriever and practice aid)
- PowerAngle Rackets (PowerAngle Diagonally Strung Racquet)
- Prince Sports Group (Autographed Racquet from Prince Tour Athletes Bob & Mike Bryan)
- Professional Tennis Registry (Junior Development Certification Workshop)
- Rocky Mountain Sports (adidas Barricade Tennis Shoe)
- Sports essential Ltd./PLAYMATE
- Sports Marketing Surveys
- Tennis Concepts ("3-Ball" The Total Serve Serving Trainer)
- Tennis Industry Association (TIA Associate Membership)
- Tennis Solutions (1 Slam Strap and 1 Player Strap from Tennis Solutions)
- TGA Premier Youth Tennis (1 Year Free TGA Programming)
- The Active Network (AMEX Card)
- Total Health Interactive (Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor)
- United States Professional Tennis Association (Head Tek IG Speed MP Racquet, racquet bag and hat)
- USTA 10 and Under Tennis (2 Seats to the Opening Session at the 2012 U.S. Open)
- USTA Tennis on Campus (Luxury Gift Basket)
- USTA Training & Facilities
- VOSTA PRO, LLC (VOTSA Premium Video Analysis Package)
- Wilson Sporting Goods (Autograph Victoria Azarenka Wilson Juice 100)
- YTEX Strings/String Tech Corp.
For questions about The Tennis Show 2012 or for more information, visit www.TennisShow.com. We look forward to seeing you in New York on August 24 to help us celebrate the sport of opportunity!