In an effort to provide tennis industry retailers with additional business enrichment services and opportunities, the TIA has developed a comprehensive line-up of webinars for 2013. These webinars, presented by Gluskin Townley Group, a retailer consulting partner of the TIA, cover a vast array of topic areas and providing tennis retailers with practical knowledge they can utilize in their business operations. Each of the tennis retail focused webinars will be 30 to 45 minutes in length and also include time following the presentation for a question and answer session with Gluskin Townley Group at the TIA's Retail Development Manager, Marty Mohar. To sign up for these upcoming webinars and view the finalized dates, visit TennisIndustry.org/Webinars.
The 2013 line-up of these free business enrichment opportunities for tennis retailers focus on categories such as planning, utilizing research, technology, marketing, knowing your customers, and more.
The following dates and topics have been scheduled for the 2013 webinar series:
- January 15 - Planning for the Future!
Tips for the specialty retailer in preparing a business plan for the coming year and how to utilize a business planning calendar
- February 12 - How to Use Research to help your Tennis Retail Business
How specialty tennis retailers can successfully employ TIA research in growing their businesses
- March 12 - Using Assessment Benchmarks to Improve Your Business
Review the TIA Business Retail Assessment and the benchmarks that it provides to improve specialty tennis retailers
- April 9 - Merchandising Your Specialty Tennis Store for More Sales
Differentiating specialty tennis retail stores with merchandising and displays
- May 14 - How Use Point of Purchase Effectively to Boost Sales
Using Point of Purchase displays provided by suppliers and brands effectively to increase sales
- June 11 - Point of Sale Systems: What is the Right POS for Your Business?
How to select the right Point of Sale System for your specialty tennis retail business
- July 9 - The Impact Technology Has on Your Current and Future Tennis Customers
Every generation of Americans has adopted and adapted to technology in their shopping and retail expectations
- August 13 - Adult v. Kids: Marketing Tennis & Your Specialty Tennis Business to Children
Kids who are now 7 to 17 are the future of the tennis business and you need to know how to market to them
- September 10 - How to Use Smart Phones and Tables to Drive Sales
Your customers are using smart phones and other hand held devices and its time you learned how to us this technology to benefit your retail business
- October 15 - Preparing for and Taking Advantage of the Holiday Season & Small Business Saturday!
Preparing for the coming Holiday Selling Season, including Gray Thursday, Black Friday and Green Small Business Saturday
- November 12 - Marketing your Business to Your Community's Demographics
Specialty Tennis Retailers need to become multichannel retailers, marketing to and reaching out to the wide variety of consumer demographics and segments.
- December 10 - Why take a TIA Retail Business Assessment?
The value of knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your specialty tennis retail business? Priceless!
For questions or comments regarding the 2013 retail webinar schedule, contact the TIA's Retail Development Manager, Marty Mohar at (843) 473-4505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.