The inaugural Tennis Owners & Managers Conference, April 3-4, in Charleston, SC, has a line up of some of the industry's leading experts in club and facility management and programming to provide practical information and key "takeaways" that owners and amangers can implement to become more competitive and profitable in the evolving tennis marketplace.
From ideas to help you market your facility and programs, to best practices for managing and compensating staff, to navigating legal issues, discovering the latest in technology tools, and important research you need to know about—and much more—the information at the T.O.M. Conference will help your business and improve your operations and bottom line.
The T.O.M. Conference will:
- Provide important business “takeaways” for attendees.
- Enhance the dialogue between owners/managers and key industry segments.
- Identify new ways to show tennis as an attractive activity for recreational players.
- Introduce the latest technology to drive consumer engagement and retention.
- Provide networking opportunities.
- Welcome Reception in Legends Sky Suite at the Family Circle Cup for evening matches on April 3.
- Keynote speaker breakfast, and lunch both days.
- TIA Level 1 Business Assessment for facilities and retailers.
- Welcome packet with program booklet.
IMPORTANT & DYNAMIC TOPICS
- The latest research, including participation, consumer and manufacturing trends.
- Growing your membership base.
- Staff compensation—managing your biggest expense.
- How Cardio Tennis will make money for your club.
- Facility and court design and renovation.
- USTA plans to bring more players to the game.
- Educational pathways from PTR, USPTA, USTA.
- Teaching pro issues affecting clubs and facilities.
- Legal issues of running a tennis club or facility.
- Making big money in the youth tennis market.
- Evaluating and maintaining the financial stability of your club.
- Making your pro shop a profit center.
- The latest technology for today’s facilities.
- Moving the needle on adult frequent play.
- The top 25 things you need to know to run a great club.
KNOWLEDGEABLE SPEAKERS & PANELISTS
Speakers and panelists confirmed to date include:
- Kirk Anderson, USTA
- Mike Barrell, evolve 9
- Jim Bates, Founder, Intelligent Creativity
- Doug Cash, CashFlow Tennis
- Virgil Christian, USTA
- Jolyn de Boer, TIA
- Cliff Drysdale, Int’l. Tennis Hall-of-Famer, ESPN commentator
- John Embree, USPTA
- Simon Gale, Yonkers Tennis Center
- Elliot Gluskin, The Gluskin Townley Group
- Jeff Goeke, Fairfield Indoor Tennis
- Rod Heckelman, Mt. Tam Racquet Club
- Kurt Kamperman, CEO Community Tennis, USTA
- Greg Lappin, Life Time Fitness
- David Lasota, Facility Designer/Technical Consultant
- Michael Mahoney, TCA/Midtown Athletic Club
- Ajay Pant, Tennis Center at College Park, MD
- Dan Santorum, PTR
- Matthew Stevens, The Bay Club Company
- Lenny Schloss, BJK's Eye Coach, ITA - Instinctive Tennis Academy
- Keith Storey, Sports Marketing Surveys
- Ed Williams, President & CEO, Wellbridge
The 2014 T.O.M Conference will take place in historic Charleston, SC, named the No. 1 US city for the third straight year in Conde Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards. For more information on the T.O.M. Conference and to register, visit TheTOMConference.com or call 843-473-4504.