The fifth annual Tennis Owners & Managers (TOM) Conference in Charleston, S.C., brought together dozens of top speakers and experts to focus on innovation, growth, business leadership and development in the tennis and racquet sports industry. This year, many of the presentations throughout the three-day event were videotaped and are available to TOM Conference attendees and others to review.
“The feedback from the tennis business owners, managers and decision-makers about the TOM Conference agenda and speakers has been extremely positive,” says Jolyn de Boer, the executive director of the Tennis Industry Association (TIA), which developed and manages the event. “This year, we had a professional videographer at the conference who captured many of the key presentations. Many of these videos are free for anyone to access, but others are only available to TOM Conference attendees and TIA Associate Partner level and higher.”
The videos include highlights from a number of speakers and events (many under 2 minutes), plus longer versions of keynote presentations. There also are highlights videos and overviews of the State of the Tennis Industry and the “Inactivity Pandemic” that affects America. Communications Consultant Mike May of Wellington, Fla., narrates many of the videos, which were shot by videographer Kenny Bacchus of Grand Rapids, Mich.
Go to https://vimeo.com/tennisindustry to view videos from the 2018 TOM Conference, which include:
- TOM Conference Highlights (:58)
- Tennis Industry Overview (9:28)
- The Nick Bollettieri Story (1:33)
- Tennis Innovation Challenge (1:21)
- PHIT America—The Inactivity Pandemic in America (1:35)
- Dr. Jack Groppel’s Inspiring Journey (2:11)
- Jim Baugh—Getting America Moving and Healthy (31:43)
- May is National Play Tennis Month! (1:45)
- Tennis Channel: Play Tennis Month (1:00)